Last updated: June 2021
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information directly from you. Personal Information is information that identifies you or could identify you. We may collect personal information such as:
- Your name and address;
- Your contact details (email address and phone number);
- Your payment information (debit card, credit card or other payment information);
- Your age, location, and any other information you choose to provide.
Other information we may collect
- Transactional Information: when you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date of the transaction.
- Log and Location Information: like most other websites, we collect information related to your use of our website, including information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our website, the type of browser you use, date and time of access, approximate location, pages viewed and your IP address.
- Payment Information: when you make a purchase, we may collect identifiers such as your full name and billing address in connection with your purchase. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc., a third-party services provider. After you place an order on our website you will need to make payment for the goods or services you have ordered. We share your personal information with third parties which process payment card transactions on our behalf. Our third-party payment processors collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies. You can access their privacy policies via their own website.
Protecting the privacy of minors
Our services are not aimed at children. We will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. If we learn that we have received personal information from a minor under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database. In case you are convinced that we have collected personal information of a minor without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
How do we collect information?
We may collect information directly from you when:
- You sign up for our newsletter;
- You register an account with us;
- You fill out an online form on our website;
- You enroll in the Milci Skin Club, our loyalty program;
- You make a purchase;
- You return a product;
- You contact us via email;
- You participate in a contest;
- You share any of our content from our social media platforms;
- You use our website.
What do we use your information for?
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you;
- To manage and account for our products and services;
- To fulfill your orders and to provide you with updates regarding the order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to provide you with information by email or other means about our products, services, rewards and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you;
- To improve our products and services;
- To manage our relationships with you;
- To inform you about changes to our products or services;
- To help us cater to your preferences and shopping needs;
- To improve the website and enhance your shopping experience.
Do we share your information?
We may share personal information about you with unaffiliated service providers for purposes of providing services to us. These may include providers of services such as website hosting, data analytics, payment processing and order fulfillment.
When you complete a purchase, we share personal information about you and your purchase with our third-party payment providers for the purpose of processing your transaction, payment authorisation, and order processing and fulfillment.
We may share personal information about you when required by law (including laws outside of your country of residence). This could occur if certain government institutions need this information to perform their duties, such as the tax authorities. The police or judicial authorities may also need certain information in case of fraud or abuse.
Milci Skin does not sell your personal information to third parties and only provides it if it is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with legal regulations.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of third-party websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to realize the purposes for which the information was obtained, and no longer than that. We also consider if there are legal obligations we have to follow, to determine our retention periods.
What rights do I have regarding my personal information?
Right to be informed
Right to access
You have the right to request access to the information we have available about you, at any time. You can request this via email. We process requests within 30 days. You can also access your personal information by signing into your account.
Right to correction
You have the right to correct your personal information if it is incorrect or outdated. You can do this by signing into your account or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information if you do not agree with the way we process your personal information. This right applies to the information we use for direct marketing. For example, you can inform us that you no longer wish to receive emails from us. You can also ask us to no longer use your data for personalized recommendations on our website. You can change these settings in your account. This right also applies to any other information that we may use about you. You can request this via email. We process requests within 30 days.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive data that you have provided to us in the context of the agreement(s) you have concluded with us, so that you can store this data in your own database or a database of another party. This concerns your name, address, and order history. You can access this data in your account.
Right to be forgotten / request to delete account
You have the right to request us to delete all information we have about you. When you submit a request to delete your account, we will delete all information that can be traced back to you, except for the information that we are required to keep by law.
We cannot grant this request if there are still outstanding orders or invoices. We also cannot grant this request if we are allowed to keep your personal data by law despite a deletion request. For example, if your account has been subject to fraud. After you have stopped logging in with us for 2 years, we will delete all your data by default.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the way in which we handle your information. If you have a complaint, please contact us via email at email@example.com. You also have the right to address your complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about our newest curations and special offers, you can let us know by contacting our customer service via firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your email preferences in your account.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via email with questions or information regarding your order.
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to protect all information we hold, to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized modification. If you are under the impression that your personal information is not properly secured and protected or there are indications of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com.